Exporting Report Data
Exporting to Excel
The following options are covered here:
- Exporting Data from Public Cloud dashboards;
- Exporting Data from Container dashboards.
- Exporting from Cloud Cost Intelligence module;
Exporting Tabular Reports
Note: The pop-up blocker must be turned off for all browsers.
The process below and any limitations are the same for all public and private cloud tabular reports.
- In the Densify Console navigate to the report you want to export.
- Define the scope of your report, if applicable. For example, using one or more of the following filters:
- Global Filter—See
Using the Global Filter. This filter is applicable only for private cloud dashboards and pages.
- Guest Filter—See
Using the Guest Filter. This filter is applicable only for public cloud dashboards and pages.
- Recommendation Filter—See
Using the Recommendation Filter Menu. This filter is applicable only for public cloud dashboards and pages.
The export file is appropriately named and is saved to the download folder defined by your browser. The file includes all pages of the report. The first row of the spreadsheet includes the name of the dashboard or page, the date and time of the export and the name of the user who exported the data.
When you are exporting filtered lists, only the systems that match the filtering criteria are exported to the Excel file. When working with the guest filter and dynamic attributes, you may want to refresh the list before exporting it. See Using the Guest Filter
Exporting from the Instance Optimization Details Pages
This message indicates that the report is being built in the background. To view the report:
- Click OK to close the warning message.
- Allow a few minutes for the report generation to complete. This will take, on average 3-5 min or up to 10 min, depending on the number of records in the report. You can navigate away from this page and return to view the export progress.
- Click the Export icon again, while your session is still active, to view the generated report.
You can export the content from the Cluster Breakdown, Namespace Breakdown and Details tabs to see the full set of data. Data can be export to XLSX format. Some tabular reports may support PDF format, but not all, due to sizing limitations.
Click the Export to Excel icon to export the tabular data.
Note: Currently, when you export the contents of Details tab, the resulting Excel extract may not exactly match the counts displayed on the dashboard. This page is still under development. Contact Support@Densify.com for details.
You can export the content from both the tabular view and the drilled down details report to see the full set of data. Data can be export to CSV or XLSX formats. Some tabular reports may support PDF format, but not all, due to sizing limitations. Data exported to .XLSX is not paginated.
Charts can only be exported to PDF format. The currently displayed chart type is exported to PDF. Charts can also be exported as .CSV and .XLSX. In this case, you will get the tabular data on which the chart is based.
You may need to scroll horizontally to see the download icon on some Cloud Cost tabular reports due to the amount of data on the screen.
Review and change the filename before saving the file, exports from the same page/report will have the same filename and will overwrite an existing, saved report.