As a Business Intelligence (BI) Data and Reporting Analyst you create and customize reporting solutions used to optimize purchasing strategies, resource allocation and placements in public and hybrid cloud environments.
As a member of the Product Management team you collaborate with the Engineering, Services, Sales and Documentation teams, acting as an expert for data access and reporting. Your work involves fast-paced, rapid prototyping activities.
- Work with customers, prospects and members of our teams to capture unique reporting needs and design ideas for various user roles.
- Quickly create compelling dashboards and reports using the Tibco Jaspersoft Studio and Jasperserver Pro reporting engine integrated into the Densify solution.
- Design and document Jasperserver data domains necessary to power reports and dashboards.
- Establish and maintain excellent understanding of SQL reporting tables and other data sources used for reports and dashboards and the best way to access and aggregate this information.
- Develop and maintain excellent knowledge of reports and data domains previously developed by yourself and others.
- Maintain common design standards and consistent styling as much as possible in close cooperation with other Reporting team members.
- Share knowledge by developing draft documentation and conducting training related to report/dashboard design and associated data domain creation.
- Rapid prototyping activities requiring report/dashboard customization to quickly address new customer requirements.
- Work with the Engineering team to help quickly leverage new product features from existing custom reports and dashboards.
- Log, investigate and address issues with custom reports and dashboards as well as any related product issues.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Proven ability to understand data models and aggregate information from different sources in order to appropriately populate reports and dashboards.
- Good working experience with reporting and/or Business Intelligence solutions (Tibco’s Jaspersoft Studio and JasperServer preferred).
- Proven ability in designing compelling reports and dashboards to present key information and metrics in the most appropriate manner considering factors such as
- the consumer’s role (e.g. executive vs. system administrator)
- the nature of the report (e.g. informational vs. call to action)
- and any other relevant factors.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and develop and deliver reports quickly (often in the same day)
- Experience with reporting on IT infrastructure and capacity management is desirable.
- Conceptual knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies (e.g. VMWare, AWS) is a bonus
- Experience with software deployment and associated tools (e.g. source code management systems, code development frameworks etc.) is a bonus
- Familiarity with the Agile/SCRUM software development process and Jira is an asset
- Strong oral communication skills and technical writing skills
- Strong team player and enjoys working in a fast-paced team atmosphere
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject title please quote BI Data and Reporting Analyst. Electronic correspondence only—no agencies or telephone calls, please.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only qualified candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.