Apply Now on ADP
As a Product Coop, you will develop, customize, and support analytics and reporting solutions used to optimize data center environments, access transforming applications to run on cloud infrastructure, perform global workload routing and more.
As a member of the Product Management Team which controls product priorities, you will collaborate with the Engineering, Services and Documentation teams.
- Contribute to development of Densify Container Optimization Data Forwarder
- Assist in tooling and management of PM containers environment running Kubernetes and Jenkins
- Participate in many aspects of analytics and metadata package development including design and implementation of package components, component integration, unit testing, basic documentation, etc.
- Support periodic updates to multiple packages with guaranteed accuracy by utilizing/maintaining existing and designing new scripts and/or internal utilities to automate validation and updates. A lot of flexibility is given in this area with opportunities to code as much or as little as you want, establish your own goals and chose best tooling/platforms.
- Develop good understanding of infrastructure offerings from major Cloud vendors like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud (GCP), etc. for the purpose of being able to quantify these offerings as metadata to be used in optimization assessments. You will learn Cloud APIs and other means of collecting data from/about public cloud offerings.
- Work with services team members, other Densify employees and customers to capture policy settings used in various customer engagements e.g. Cloud Optimizations, Cloud Migrations, Containers Transformations, Infrastructure Optimization, etc.
- Log, investigate and address related issues identified by QA and other team members
Desired Skills (need to have several of the following):
- Experience with software deployment and associated tools (e.g. source code management systems, code development frameworks etc.)
- Proficiency in one or more of the major scripting languages (e.g. Go, Perl, PowerShell, etc.) and SQL queries
- Understanding of Jenkins and how to code pipelines is desirable
- Must be able to grasp highly technical concepts quickly
- Conceptual knowledge of Cloud Computing and Public Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Conceptual knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g. one or more of Kubernetes containers, VMware vSphere, OpenStack, Docker, KVM, Hyper-V, IBM LPARs, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong oral communication skills and technical writing skills
- Strong team player and enjoys working in a fast paced team atmosphere while primarily working remotely
- Familiarity with the Agile/SCRUM software development process is an asset
Additional Internship Details
- Student majoring in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is preferred
- Product management team is an awesome way to learn how a software company works from high level product strategy inception down to executing specific sets of engineering tasks
- Our clients are well known companies who are leading their industries in technology innovation: FedEx, Citi Bank, FIS, Disney, Autodesk, Blackberry, IKEA and many others. We get to help them optimize and transform their infrastructure into next gen platforms
- You will get hands-on exposure to all major public cloud vendors, their portals and APIs.
- You get exposure to Containers and DevOps tools
If you are interested in this position, please apply online through ADP:
Apply Now on ADP
Densify accepts electronic correspondence from individuals only—please no agencies or telephone calls. We are thankful for all applicants, but only qualified candidates will be contacted directly to enter the recruitment process.